Google
Free Web Counter
Free Counter

Sunday, October 28, 2007

I call him 'SEX SYMBOL TYPE' --Konkanasen sharma

Call it the commercialization of Konkona Sen. But now Konkona is fully into commercial cinema. The latest film that she’s shooting is proof of that.

A film called Right Or Wrong directed by the highly-regarded writer- turned -director Neeraj Pathak, Right Or Wrong pairs Konkona with first-time co-star Sunny Deol and old co-star Irrfan Khan.

“I just shot for the film for two days. Then I got conjunctivitis.”

Right now Konkona is all revved up about the release of Laga Chunri Mein Daag specially her co-star Kunal Kapoor’s high praise.

“Did Kunal really say I was like Mozart to his Salieri? Now that’s sweet. Though I must tell you, I don’t take anything he says very seriously. He’s incurably mischievous. And we’re constantly ribbing one another.

He calls me the National-award type. I call him the Sex-symbol type…We’ve done two back-to-back films together.

And I must tell you Aaja Nachle which is going to be my next release has been my most fun film in Mumbai. I enjoyed doing it as much as I enjoyed my mom’s Mr & Mrs Iyer.”

And what about the kiss with Kunal? “It’s not a big deal. I’ve done kissing scenes in Mixed Doubles and I almost did one in Mr & Mrs Iyer (Rahul and I come close to kissing. But we didn’t really kiss). I treat it like any normal scenes. But I won’t do it for titillation.”

She bursts into delighted chuckles at the mention of Laga Chunri Mein Daag. “I saw the film the other day and really liked it. Now let’s see… you know, in a play you get instant reaction. But for a movie to register takes so much time.

We all look like a family in Chunri because we felt like a family. The atmosphere on the sets was by and large very relaxed. There was a constant chatter on the sets in Bengali. Almost everyone there spoke that language. As for Jaya-di, Rani and I, we do look like a mother and two sisters.

I think Pradeep-da (director Pradeep Sarkar) was very particular about getting the right faces to play the right characters. Jaya-di has played my mother in another film Rituparno Ghosh’s Sunglass. So we did feel very close to one another.

However I don’t think one needs to feel like a family to act comfortably. One has to be professional about these things.”

Did she have a problem with the Hindi language? “Well, I grew up in a house where only Bengali was spoken. So I do have a problem with the gender in Hindi. But otherwise I think I manage quite well.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home