Google
Free Web Counter
Free Counter

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Nothing sexy about Bips’ Goal


Bipasha has been away for quite a while. Barring a week’s work in Mumbai she has wrapped up all her shooting in London for Goal

. “And prior to that I was in Durban for 45 days shooting for Abbas-Mustan’s Race. Then I joined the Goal unit in London. I’ve jumped time zones and heavy climate changes from 38 degrees to 1 degree to 40 degrees.

Fortunately I haven’t fallen sick in spite of the drastic changes in four months. I’ve gone from severe winter in London to acute heat in Dubai…

Frequent flying gets to me. But staying in different countries for a longish period is okay by me. After three days everything falls into place.”

Race in Durban was fun. “Apart from the directors Abbas-Mustan whom I know very well everyone was new to me. My two –stars Saif and Akshaye Khanna were a barrel of fun. I really got along well with Saif. Akshaye was reserved. But great fun once we got to know each other.”

In London for Goal Bipasha had major fun. “This was a unique experience. A sporty film, and I was the only girl in the principal cast.”

Though Bipasha didn’t get to play football for the camera, she didn’t miss out on kicking some ball. “I’ve been a soccer fan for five years. I got interested in the game because my boyfriend likes it.

John taught me football in the hotel in London, though if I tried playing the game with the boys I’d make a fool of myself. John is very passionate about two things, bikes and football. He’s lucky he got to be in a bike film Dhoom and now a football film.”

Then comes the ever-honest Bipasha. “I must confess I’m a terrible footballer. I should’ve started when I was a little kid. I must tell you we had some really talented real-life Bangladeshi football players in our team in Goal.

They aren’t actors. But they are naturals on camera. In fact even the actors like John, Arshad and Boman were chosen because of their familiarity with the game.”

Added incentive was the fact that Bipasha got to work with John after three years. “That was fun. Both of us have grown as actors. And I’m very excited by the chemistry between us in Goal.

Unlike Jism and Madhoshi where we had a more sensuous chemistry in Goal it’s cute very outdoor love angle, not steamy or sexy…but very real. There was a lot of things gone wrong with Madhoshi. After that we decided not to pair together for a while.

Look, I couldn’t be silly and say I’ve to work with my boyfriend. We did this film because both suit our roles in Goal to a T. We both took the decision as thorough professionals. And then our personal rapport came in. We had a good time.”

Bipasha met up with a lot of John’s old friends in London. “It wasn’t a tiring schedule. It just passed in no time.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home